Sunday, August 19, 2012

I've entered the blogosphere!

I have finally entered the blog world.  It has taken me awhile to get here, basically because I have been terrified to open a new chapter in my life.  Learning new things on the computer overwhelms me and I end up having a meltdown, so you can see why I was reluctant to do this.  I know your all wondering who I am and why do I need to get a blog.

Well, I will start by telling you my name is Michelle and I paint and refinish furniture.  It started when I worked in an antique store about 8 years ago and my boss used to ask me to paint some things for her to spruce them up a bit.  I ended up loving to do it, and surprisingly to me and to my husband, I had a little bit of a talent doing it.

Well, the day came when she had to close up shop and I was left with a bit of a void.  I didn’t know what to do it seems I missed painting so I started going to garage sales and would bring home these projects for me to do.  I loved it and kept going out and finding more things to paint until there was no more room left in the garage, which didn’t go over very well with my husband. So I decided to give all these things away. I gave them to my daughters, their friends, my sisters and some neighbors.  But I just still felt the desire to go out and find more things to paint.  Then someone mentioned putting the pieces on Craigs List.  So I did and I have been doing that for 7 years now. Yes, 7 years without a blog or a website.

My customers from Craigs List would always ask me, “Is there a website or some where we can see all your pieces?” So after hearing that so many times I decided to take the plunge and do it.  What made it easy was having someone in the family with talent and the know-how to do it.  So I hired my niece Sheila to do this for me and she promises me she will guide me through this for as long as I want.  Little does she know I am really not computer savvy so she will be stuck with me a bit longer than she thinks. :)


When I do go on my shopping sprees I go with my sweet, loyal, much needed sister-in-law Ruth.  We are married to brothers so whenever we are on our way to one of these adventures you can imagine the conversations we have.  The next adventure Ruth and I are going on is in Mansfield, Conn.  I learned about it in one of my Favorite magazine “Romantic Country.”

I have been to many places but I have never been here and I am so excited to go.  Its every Sunday, I wish I could go this Sunday but I have my nephews wedding to go to and I wouldn’t think of missing that, so we are going the following Sunday.  I will get back to you all along with some pictures of all the new treasures and new projects I find.  Until then, God Bless and keep the joy in your heart.  Love Michelle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment