Thursday, August 30, 2012

Treasure Hunting




Well I went to Mansfield, Conn. on Sunday and it was everything I had anticipated.  The trip started out when I picked up my sister-in-law Ruth at 4am!

We arrived just as the gates were opening.  Normally it wouldn’t of taken four hours to get there, but we missed a very important exit off of 91.  Now I could blame it on confusing directions, but I’ll be honest, it was totally due to the talking!

That’s Ruth and me. When we're together there is no such thing as a lull in the conversation.  We even got together the day before to map out our route, and Ruth pointed to one section on the map and said “Okay, right here is where we can’t talk or we’ll miss this exit!” Apparently we forgot about that, but it worked out, because as soon as we parked the car we walked right in.  

It was a beautiful day with so many vendors that were fully stocked with unique items.  Due to the size of my car I knew I had to be picky about what I bought.  So, after about 5 trips back and forth to my car it was full and we headed home.  The pictures are of me hauling things to my car.

This is a place worth going to in case your trying to decide to go or not.  It's every Sunday rain or shine, and the vendors are all so nice, and we had interesting chats with many of them.  

You will see some of these pieces as soon as I am done making them look pretty.  

Well I might be heading up to Brimfield, Mass. Antique show in about a week.  If I do, I think I might rent a truck of some kind so I can come home with a real load-full.  If I do, I will let you know.  Until then, thanks for reading my blog.  God Bless and may you always keep the joy in your heart.  Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment